SECTION: SECTION 07 32 13 ROOF TILES
Changes or Criteria Notes to Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS)
- Quality Assurance: EP 415-1-261, Volume 3
- UFGS SECTION 07 32 13 ROOF TILES
- Manual for Maintenance and Repair For Historic Structures
Ref Manuals/M&R Manual (Hist)/PartC/4.0 extr-intr.pdf
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) , Section 6002
- Federal Sustainable Acquisition Items/Requirements
- DoD Green Procurement Policy (Aug 27 2004)
- DoD Green Procurement Strategy (Nov 2008)
- Army Green Procurement Policy (Nov 22 2006)
- Federal Acquisition Regulation, Part 23
- EPA Final Guidance on Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- HJB Form 225 (JBLM Sustainable Acquisition Exception Form)
- UFC 1-200-2 (High Performance and Sustainable Buildings Requirements)
- ASA IE&E Sustainable Design and Development Policy (Jan 17 2017)
- 10 CFR 436 Subpart A (Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Energy- and -Water Related Projects)
- NIST 135 (Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Energy- and -Water Related Projects)
Certain buildings of historic interest on Joint Base Lewis-McChord have rolled (barrel) red clay tile roofs. Repair, replacement or building additions thereto must replicate the original roofing as closely as possible, coordinate with PW SHPO. Designers are also advised that the building paper membrane found under these old roofs frequently contains asbestos. Verify using available ACM reports or by additional testing.
Clay tiles will only be used within the Historic District. Outside of Historic District, use concrete tiles.
Lightweight Concrete tiles or imitation slate concrete tiles are not permissible.
Use standard weight concrete tiles that varies from 10 to 11 pounds per square foot.
Product substitution for specified clay/concrete tiles is not acceptable.
Notes to Designers on Drawing Content
Applicable Points of Contact