SECTION: 08 81 00 GLAZING
Changes or Criteria Notes to Unified Facilities Guide Specifications (UFGS)
- Quality Assurance: EP 415-1-261, Volume 3
- UFGS SECTION 08 81 00 GLAZING
- Federal Sustainable Acquisition Items/Requirements
- DoD Green Procurement Policy (Aug 27 2004)
- DoD Green Procurement Strategy (Nov 2008)
- Army Green Procurement Policy (Nov 22 2006)
- Federal Acquisition Regulation, Part 23
- Energy Star
- EPA Final Guidance on Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- HJB Form 225 (JBLM Sustainable Acquisition Exception Form)
- UFC 1-200-2 (High Performance and Sustainable Buildings Requirements)
- ASA IE&E Sustainable Design and Development Policy (Jan 17 2017)
- 10 CFR 436 Subpart A (Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Energy- and -Water Related Projects)
- NIST 135 (Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Energy- and -Water Related Projects)
- OMB Circular A-94 (Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Non-Energy and -Water Related Projects)
- Tri-Services MOA (Life Cycle Cost Analysis, MILCON)
|Paragraph # and Title (if any)
||Note to Designer
||If 01 33 29 is not incorporated in the specifications, change reference to 01 33 29 in this section to instead say 01 57 19.01 20 SUPPLEMENTAL TEMPORARY ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS and ensure the additional sustainable acquisition language is included within that section.
||Add the following under "SD-01 Preconstruction Submittals" and "SD-11 Closeout Submittals":
||Interior Setting and Sealing Materials (VOC Content); S
||In addition to its incorporation at SD-11, incorporate "Energy Efficient Equipment for Residential Windows" under SD-01 to ensure proposed products are Energy Star labeled under current Energy Star version prior to construction start.
|2.1.1 ENERGY EFFICIENT EQUIPMENT FOR RESIDENTIAL WINDOWS
||If 01 33 29 is not incorporated, change referenced section to 01 57 19.01 20 and ensure it contains the additional sustainable acquisition language. Also, change "ENERGY EFFICIENT EQUIPMENT" TO "ENERGY EFFICIENT PRODUCTS".
|2.1.2 REDUCE VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS (VOC) (LOW EMITTING MATERIALS) FOR PRODUCTS
||[NOTE: In the column to the right, select 01 33 29 when it is incorporated into the specifications, otherwise select 01 57 19.01 20 and ensure it includes added sustainable acquisition language]
Add this section and include the following:
|Provide products and documentation in accordance with Section [01 33 29 SUSTAINABILITY REPORTING][01 57 19.01 20 SUPPLEMENTAL TEMPORARY ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROLS] paragraph REDUCE VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS (VOC) (LOW EMITTING MATERIALS).
|2.5 SETTING AND SEALING MATERIALS
||Applicable interior products must meet requirements at 2.1.2.
Notes to Designers on Drawing Content
Applicable Points of Contact